National Retirement Security Week
October 21-27, 2018
The U.S. Senate recently unanimously adopted a resolution endorsing National Retirement Security Week (NRSW) 2018. Each year, the Employees’ Retirement System of Georgia (ERSGA) participates in NRSW to emphasize the importance to our members of saving for a financially secure retirement.
This year, ERSGA has a special Webinar-A-Thon planned for Thursday, October 25, 2018. Click to see the webinar schedule and here to register for a webinar.
Did you know you’ll need an estimated 80% of your pre-retirement income after retirement?
Here are some steps you can take to see your projected future retirement income:
- Review all of your personal account information and run a benefit estimate: Click here for the ERSGA website secure portal
- GSEPS and other Peach State Reserves (PSR) members can go to GaBreeze and view their accounts: Click here for GaBreeze
- Review the estimate of your future Social Security benefits: Click here for SSA.gov
Once you know where you stand, you can take action at GaBreeze:
- GSEPS Members: Make sure you’re saving at least 5% to receive your full employer match! Go to Savings & Retirement and click Contributions in the Peach State Reserves menu.
- If you have a PSR account, you can increase contributions at any time.
- If you don’t have a PSR or other retirement savings account (for those not eligible for PSR), consider opening one today!
Let’s work together for a comfortable retirement!