Census 2020: Be Counted!
A friendly reminder to complete your census form by the end of September!
Participating in the 2020 census is key to Georgia’s future. Response rates determine how billions of dollars in federal funding are allocated to states for education, infrastructure, public health, and related areas.
How to Respond:
Georgians can respond to the 2020 Census in one of three ways:
- Online: my2020census.gov
- Phone: 844.330.2020
- Mail: Fill out and return the official U.S. Census Bureau mail that you may have received.
- The census determines how federal aid is distributed, ensures accurate representation for districts at both the state and federal level, and helps all Georgia communities plan for the future.
- Responses help direct billions of dollars in federal funds to local communities for healthcare, emergency and disaster response, education, and infrastructure.
- The 2020 U.S. Census is a count of everyone who lives in the United States, including non-citizens. No questions about citizenship will appear on the questionnaire.
- Many places are Hard-to-Count areas. Find out if there are H-T-C areas near you: https://census.georgia.gov/census-101/hard-count-populations.
- Up-to-date 2020 Census self-response rates for our state, individual counties, and cities can be found here: https://2020census.gov/en/response-rates.html.
- More information can be found on Georgia’s official website at https://census.georgia.gov and on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.