What to do:
Welcome to the Employees’ Retirement System of Georgia (ERSGA). We look forward to partnering with you toward a comfortable retirement!
As a New Member, it is important for you to take the following actions now:
- Register for and log in to your online account. By registering for your online account you can:
- Review and confirm/designate beneficiaries
- Generate a benefit estimate to see the pension benefit you might be entitled to at retirement
- View/update your profile information, including email address
- Check your Personal Correspondence folder
Click to here begin.
The important sections to review in your Plan Handbook are:
- Benefits Eligibility
- Service Retirement and/or Benefit Formula
Additional financial considerations for new employees:
Live within your financial means:
- Review all of your finances to know where you stand. Then create a monthly budget.
- Reduce your spending habits. Little changes can add up to big savings!
- Review & shop around for expenses such as: utilities, home or car insurance policies, internet and cable.
When it comes to saving for retirement, it is never too early to increase your contributions. Time is your biggest advantage to save for a wonderful retirement!
Save for an emergency: 8 months of expenses
Student debt: Pay on time and the highest interest loan first.
Credit card debt:
- Pay on time and always pay at least minimum balance.
- Pay off highest interest card first and then move on to the next.
- Do you know your credit score? Check your free credit report yearly for accuracy.
- Cyber security protection for your information and access points:
- Giving out personal information
- Secure WIFI
- Build a cash reserve savings account for emergency expenses.
- Four must-have documents:
- Revocable living trust
- Durable power of attorney for finances
- Durable power of attorney for healthcare