Applying for ERS service retirement benefits is easier than ever!
Why should a Member apply for retirement online?
- It is available 24/7.
- Faster to complete and eliminates mail time.
- Convenient and easy to access from any where.
- Includes more information in one place and reduces the number of questions.
- Easy to use and navigate!
What are the advantages?
- A Member’s information is pre-populated.
- A Member can see available scenarios based on choices made while going through the application.
- Links are available throughout the application to provide additional information and answer questions.
- There are edits to prevent entering incorrect or incomplete information.
- A Member can leave the application, come back later, and most information will be saved.
How to apply online?
- Sign on to ers.ga.gov, log on to an account and click “Apply for Retirement” on the desktop.
- Once “Apply for Retirement” is clicked, interactive screens guide the Member through the application process.
- Once the application is completed, a Member clicks the “Submit” button.
- A summary of the submitted application can be printed by the Member, or the Member can request ERSGA to print and mail it to the address of record.
- The Member is informed of any documents required to be submitted before the application retirement process can be completed.
What happens after a Member applies?
- All applications are reviewed, and if there is a need for additional information or clarification, the Employer or Member is contacted.
- The Member provides ERSGA with requested documents.
- Once the application is approved, the Member will receive confirmation and be informed when payments will begin.
Ready to begin?
- Go to the top of this page and log into your secure ERSGA account.
- Once you are logged in, “Apply for Retirement” is an option on the desktop.