Now Available for ERS Plans
Retirement Online now available!
Retiring with an ERS pension plan has just gotten easier with the launch of ERSGA’s Retirement Online.
Retirement Online allows most ERS Plan Members (New plan and GSEPS) who are applying for a Service Retirement to do so easily and conveniently through the ERSGA secure website.
Aligned with the vision of continuous improvement and innovation to best serve our members, the new Retirement Online process was designed to be interactive and intuitive. In addition, the online application now provides all the necessary information to make the important decisions for each individual’s Retirement.
Why should a Member apply for retirement online?
- Available 24/7.
- Faster, and eliminates mail time.
- Apply from the convenience of any computer.
- Includes more information in one place and reduces the number of questions.
- Easy to use.
What are the advantages?
- Member information is pre-populated.
- Shows available scenarios based on choices made while completing the application.
- Links are available throughout the application with additional information.
- Measures to prevent entering incorrect or incomplete information.
- Saves information if entire application cannot be completed at one time.
How to use Retirement Online
- Use a secure, trusted wifi network or a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
More information on secure networks here.
- Go to ers.ga.gov and use the Log In button at the top of the page to log in to your account.
- Click the Apply for Retirement option on the desktop. Interactive screens guide you through the application process.
- Once the application is completed, click the Submit button.
- A summary of the submitted application can be printed, or you can request ERSGA to print and mail it to the address of record.
- Members will be informed of any documents required to be submitted before the retirement application process can be completed.
As a member, what happens after the application is submitted?
- All applications are reviewed. If there is a need for additional information or clarification, you or your Employer will be contacted.
- You provide ERSGA with requested documents.
- Once the application is approved, you will receive confirmation and be informed when payments will begin.