View the WRAP presentation online!
WRAP is available for convenient viewing whenever you like, simply by clicking on the link below.
- The workshop lasts just over 40 minutes, and deals with pensions only.
- Once you are viewing the workshop, a menu will appear on the left and you always have the option to click on any particular section of interest to you at any time.
Please see “TIPS” at the bottom of this section before viewing, then click on the WRAP link below to begin the workshop.
Use the links below to learn more about continuing your health insurance in retirement, as well as learning more about your GaBreeze Flexible Benefits, such as dental insurance.
Attending a WRAP in person at ERSGA
Note: You and your guests will need to show photo ID upon entering the building. Please bring your photo ID with you.
For those able to attend the WRAP held in Atlanta, the doors will open at 8:30 a.m. and the workshop will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and will conclude at approximately 12:45 p.m. The workshop will be held at our Atlanta office in our Training Center located on the Lobby level. All ERS retirement forms will be provided for your convenience. You should check our web site prior to the day of attendance for any announcements or schedule changes. In the event of inclement weather, please contact ERSGA at 800-805-4609 or locally at 404-350-6300 to determine if a workshop will be held.
This event is intended for members who will retire within 90 days of the WRAP session they attend. The agenda for the WRAP session is as follows:
|State Health Benefits||9:00 – 9:30 am|
|Flexible Benefits||9:30 – 9:55 am|
|Break||9:55 – 10:05 am|
|MORE Retiree Discount Program||10:05 – 10:20 am|
|Maximize your SSA Benefits||10:20 – 11:05 am|
|Break||11:05 – 11:15 am|
|Peach State Reserves 401(k) and 457||11:15 – 11:45 am|
|Employees’ Retirement System (ERS)||11:45 – 12:45 pm|
Registration is not necessary to attend a WRAP session. Please see the calendar for upcoming WRAPS.
NOTE: Due to the large number of employees that attend these seminars, we are unable to calculate individual retirement benefits on the day of the workshop. Retirement estimates MUST be requested from our Member Services Division at least 45 calendar days prior to attending a WRAP session by calling 800-805-4609 or, locally, 404-350-6300, or accessing your retirement account online.
You should have the following materials before viewing or attending a WRAP:
- A Retirement Benefit Estimate, generated:
- by the ERSGA office if you are within six months of your retirement effective date; OR
- your Retirement Account online for all others
- A government issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- The legal name, address and birthdates of your beneficiaries
- Pension benefits are taxable. It is a good idea to know what you wish to indicate for deductions. Check with your tax advisor prior to coming to WRAP. ERS counselors cannot advise on this.
- You will need a voided check for direct deposit of your pension benefits.
- Should you have any questions related to health insurance, please contact the State Health Benefit Plan directly at 404-656-6322 or 800-610-1863 or their website, www.dch.georgia.gov.
- Remember retirement applications can be submitted no more than 90 days prior and no less than 30 days prior to your effective date (i.e., Retirement date effective July 1, 2018 – submit an application between April 1, 2018 and June 1, 2018). Applications may be submitted less than 30 days prior to your retirement effective date, but your first retirement check will be delayed until the month following the retirement effective date, with retroactive payment. Please contact your health insurance and dental provider to ensure all premiums have been paid for that period.